CIN was the brand chosen for the refurbishment of the Araújo Palacete in Porto, a monument that was awarded the National Prize for Urban Rehabilitation in 2017.
The CIN product used to coat this Palacete was “Carso 1”, the waterproof coating for façades, in the Terra de Lucca colour.
In a CREA Office project, CIN started to provide colour to this work along with the supervision of the Architect André Camelo, in 2016.
This was another decisive action of the brand which contributed to the Araújo Palacete in Porto being the winner of the National Prize for Urban Rehabilitation, a work which took place between January and October 2016.
The National Prize for Urban Rehabilitation distinguishes the best interventions implemented in the field of urban rehabilitation in Portugal.
This year it was awarded to the Misericórdia in Porto, given the urban rehabilitation project it carried out on this Palacete, which reflects a compromise between modernity and tradition, as it has been equipped with the most modern technologies.
This building houses the Shared and Cooperative Services of the Misericórdia in Porto and, with this renovation, seeks to respond to the challenges of present-day 21st-century society.
With this prize, CIN once again showed that it is an innovative Portuguese company, which regards the urban and social regeneration of cities in terms of building the identity of a community.
It contributed towards this by supplying paints and varnishes for the intervention and renovation of public spaces and iconic buildings, such as the Araújo Palacete in Porto, but not only.
Among many other projects, CIN was also responsible for:
- Repainting of the Capitólio Theatre in Lisbon
- Recuperation of the Tivoli BBVA Theatre, a Monument of Public Interest with 91 years of history located at the centre of the city of Lisbon, through the identification and re-creation development work of the original colours of the building;
- Requalification of the façades and interior of the Pestana Group Lisbon Pousada, an emblematic Pombaline building in Terreiro do Paço;
- Repainting of the Rua Cor de Rosa, at Cais do Sodré in Lisbon - Cais do Sodré Association and the Lisbon City Council;
- Urban and social renovation of the historic centre of Lisbon - Renovar A Mouraria Association;
- Renovation of the Lello Bookshop, considered one of the most beautiful bookshops in the world;
- Upgrading and painting of several buildings in Brussels: the building of the new headquarters of the European Commission, the Toison D'Or, located on one of the most famous arteries of the city (Avenue Louise), as well as the “Chambon” Building, in the centre of Brussels, the offices of the VSE building company (Eiffage Group) and the Generali Brussels building.