CIN, the Portuguese company which is the Iberian leader in the paint and varnish market and is present in various international markets, was the brand of paint selected to support the 4th edition of the 180 Creative Camp, a programme of artistic interventions between architecture and urban art, held in Abrantes, between 3 and 10 July.
The aim of the 180 Creative Camp event was to make young people aware of the creative process through an interdisciplinary programme developing channels of communication between architecture and street art, cinema and design.
More than 150 young people applied for this programme, not only from Portugal, but also from countries such as Italy, Colombia and the United States of America, for a total of 40 places.
For a week, Abrantes was the stage of an artistic programme aimed at young creative minds filled with artistic interventions, workshops with invited artists, cinema and music, among other initiatives.
Noteworthy among the guests at this year's edition were personalities such as the director Sean Dunne, the cultural agent Frank Kalero, the director Leonor Teles, the illustrator and musician José Cardoso and the Spanish urban art collective Boa Mistura.
With CIN’s support, the Spanish urban art collective, Boa Mistura, ran a four-day workshop and worked on some of the historic buildings of the city, such as “Transition” in the façade of an abandoned building located alongside the António Botto Municipal Library.
In addition to these interventions, Boa Mistura and CIN were also responsible for interventions carried out on the streets of the city.
CIN is an innovative Portuguese company with practically one century of history which supports initiatives and projects with the aim of both urban and social renovation of cities as well as promoting and inspiring young people to develop competencies in emerging creative areas.
In this sense, CIN’s support for the holding of the fourth edition of the Creative Camp makes perfect sense, since it fits into the co-operative responsibility strategy due to its innovative and creative nature, aspects which form part of the culture of the company), stated Marcos Castro, Director of Marketing at CIN.
180 Creative Camp is organized by Channel 180 and was first held in 2012 at Vila Nova de Cerveira.
It then moved to Guimarães, was copied in Italy and then settled in Abrantes, where it is being held for the fourth consecutive year with the support of the Abrantes City Council.
The 2016 edition was also supported by CIN.
CIN has been the brand selected for the intervention and renovation of public spaces and iconic buildings, such as:
- Repainting of the Rua Cor de Rosa, at Cais do Sodré in Lisbon - Cais do Sodré Association and the Lisbon City Council;
- Urban and social renovation of the historic centre of Lisbon - Renovar A Mouraria Association;
- Upgrading and painting of several buildings in Brussels: the building of the new headquarters of the European Commission, the Toison D'Or, located on one of the most famous arteries of the city (Avenue Louise), as well as the “Chambon” Building, in the centre of Brussels, the offices of the VSE building company (Eiffage Group) and the Generali Brussels building.
- Recuperation of the Tivoli BBVA Theatre, a Monument of Public Interest with 91 years of history located at the centre of the city of Lisbon, through the creation and development of the original colours of the building;
- Renovation of the Lello Bookshop, considered one of the most beautiful bookshops in the world, which forms part of the tourist routes in Porto. It is visited daily by more than three thousand people.