CIN, the Portuguese company which is the Iberian leader in the paint and varnish market and is present in various international markets, is the official and exclusive sponsor in the paints area for the “Urban Rehabilitation Working Days”, an initiative promoted by the Viana de Castelo city council, taking place in the Council on 30 and 31 May.
The “Urban Rehabilitation Working Days” are a project carried out under the responsibility of the Viana do Castelo City Council which have the objective of creating an opportunity to make municipalities aware of the importance of urban rehabilitation and, at the same time, disseminate and debate this theme. During these days it is intended to cover this topic in a wide-ranging manner.
As such, on 30 May national and municipal strategic scales will be analysed.
On 31 May technical issues relating to carácter intervention and building structures will be considered and also the challenges placed on activity projectual.
The participants will also be able to visit rehabilitation works carried out in the Municipality of Viana do Castelo.
The Viana do Castelo City Council seeks to involve the community with this initiative, through a sample of constructive techniques to be carried out in a public area and an exhibition of rehabilitation projects.
As well as CIN, linked to this project are also ESTG-IPVC (Graduate School of Technology and Management of the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo); the APRUPP (Portuguese Association for Urban Regeneration and Protection of Heritage); the IC-FEUP (Institute of Construction of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto); and ESG (Gallaecia Graduate School).
CIN is an innovative Portuguese company with practically one century of history which sees the urban and social renovation of cities as the construction of identity for a community.
CIN has been the brand selected for the intervention and renovation of public spaces and iconic buildings, such as:
- Repainting of the Rua Cor de Rosa, at Cais do Sodré in Lisbon - Cais do Sodré Association and the Lisbon City Council;
- Urban and social renovation of the historic centre of Lisbon - Renovar A Mouraria Association;
- Upgrading and painting of several buildings in Brussels: the building of the new headquarters of the European Commission, the Toison D'Or, located on one of the most famous arteries of the city (Avenue Louise), as well as the “Chambon” Building, in the centre of Brussels, the offices of the VSE building company (Eiffage Group) and the Generali Brussels building;
- Recuperation of the Tivoli BBVA Theatre, a Monument of Public Interest with 91 years of history located at the centre of the city of Lisbon, through the creation and development of the original colours of the building.
- Renovation of the Lello Bookshop, considered one of the most beautiful bookshops in the world.
You can find out more information about this initiative HERE